How to Follow Interpreting Standards of Practice
SKU#: 39 Standards of Practice
How to apply interpreting standards in professional settings.
Course length: 2 hours
Course access period: Two months from purchase date
Once purchased, course access cannot be paused.
Course completion requirements: Pass one exit test (score of 70% or above).
Certificate: Downloadable certificate available immediately upon passing the exit test.
- Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters (CCHI): 2 CCHI CE hours
- Maryland Court Interpreter Program: 2 CE credits
- Ontario Council on Community Interpreting: 2 OCCI PDUs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Compare and contrast codes of ethics and standards of practice for interpreters.
- Identify general best practices that support standards for community interpreters.
What you will get:
- Your video instructor: Lorelly Solano, PhD
- 9 interactive exercises, including application of standards to real-life scenarios, standards challenges and a standards of practice review quiz
- A brief film of an interpreter
- Thirteen best practices on applying standards in the field.
- A free publication (environmental scan) about interpreting standards of practice
- Valuable tips from the field
- Sections from The Community Interpreter®: An International Textbook and The Medical Interpreter: A Foundation Textbook for Medical Interpreting
- Course completion certificate
How this lesson will improve your practice:
- Know the differences between codes of ethics and standards of practice.
- Support the profession by making your decisions and behaviors more consistent with the field.
We found other products you might like!